Updates.....

**************************************************
IN PREPARATION FOR KERNOW INK PLEASE NOW USE THIS NEW EMAIL: kernowink@googlemail.com
**************************************************


Friday 28 November 2008

"Legends of Pendragon: Sir Gawain & the Loathsome Lady" by Brandon H, Age 10, Class 6KR

****************************
Legends of Pendragon: Sir Gawain & the Loathsome Lady

King Arthur was in the forest, hunting a doe with golden flanks that were smattered with white specks.
Suddenly, as he took aim on the doe, a figure opposite him grunted most loudly; the doe scampered away.
The figure was a knight in black; he rode upon a horse with armour as black as its flanks.

“If you honor your life as you honor your kingdom, then you shall answer me this question,” said the figure, and then added spitefully, “or die.

“Lay your question upon my breast, I shall figure it out,” said Arthur, bravely.

“What is it that every woman desires most? Return here in a year with thy answer.”

The knight let out an evil cackle and galloped away on his ebony steed.

As Arthur cantered away, pondering upon the knight’s question, a raspy voice from below spoke to him.

“So I see you are pondering, Sire, what is troubling thy mind?”

The voice belonged to the most contorted, misshaped woman that anyone in Camelot must ever have laid their eyes upon.

Her cheeks were like prunes; pitted like a miniature meteorite had hurtled into them.
She had a foul mouth; her lower lip protruded over her chin and when she opened it about four, browned teeth stared back at you. She was wearing red robes with golden lace; she sat upon a stump with a walking stick laid in front of her. Long tangles of faded, platinum blond hair hid her shoulders.

“A question has been laid down upon me, dear lady, a question of most hardship.”

“Tell me thy question, dear king, and I shall lift thy heavy burden.”

“A shadowy figure has approached me; his question was `what do women desire most’?”

“Come closer, king, I will tell you what I require in return.”

Arthur reluctantly agreed, the woman’s breath was ever so foul.

“What is the answer what do you require?”

“I require a husband, gentle and kind, like a swaying rose in the breeze.”

“I shall get thy requirement, but the answer, what is it?”

“Every woman desires her own way.”

“I thank thou, dear lady, I shall return at once in a twelvemonth.”

Arthur cantered off to the village, awaiting the assistance of Sir Gawain in the castle.

“You sent Hilda for me, Sire?” said Sir Gawain when he arrived.

“Yes, Gawain, I have a difficult decision for you.”

Arthur told Gawain all about what happened in the woods, and about the loathsome lady.

“I shall, go ahead, Sire, and marry this woman, whether her form is demonic or elegant, I shall wed with her.”

The next day at Camelot forest, Sir Gawain met up with the loathsome lady, to fulfill Arthur’s promise to her.

The loathsome lady got married to Sir Gawain, and Arthur answered the knight’s question, but peace was still not restored for Sir Gawain.

Gawain walked down the aisle and the castle grounds with this monstrosity of a lady, people pointed and gasped at the wedding when the loathsome lady removed her veil.

That night, Gawain was in his room, puffing upon his pipe, the loathly lady entered.

“Are you not going to kiss thy newlywed bride, Sir?”

Gawain stood up, lowered his pipe and made contact with the woman’s lips.

When he stood back, the lady had transformed; she was a model of pure beautifulness, with radiant, golden hair which flowed down her back like a river. Her red gown complimented her shape, and her face was as white and flawless as ivory.

“What has happened?” said Gawain, astonishment spreading over his face. “Art thou the same woman that I married?”

“Indeed it is, Sir, for years I have been cursed by that spell and now I am partly freed.”

“Partly?”

“Yes, you must make a decision; would you have me fair by day and foul by night, or the opposite?”

“That is for you to decide, my dear.”

“Oh, dear Sir, you have given me what ever woman desires most, you have given me my own way, and never will you see that old hag again!”

By Brandon H

Age 10,

Class 6KR

*****************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very well rememderd brandon it was great
from bo

Anonymous said...

that was exacly like "bo" said "very well rememberd" well done

georgia