Updates.....

**************************************************
IN PREPARATION FOR KERNOW INK PLEASE NOW USE THIS NEW EMAIL: kernowink@googlemail.com
**************************************************


Wednesday 26 November 2008

"My Cup Final Win" by Connor MS, Age 10, Class 6KR

*********************************
My Cup Final Win

For any one who liked my 1966 football story i thought this might be a good addition to this site;my cup final win!!!


TRUE STORY!!
On one Saturday morning I got out of bad at 6:00 am to go to a football tournament.
On the Friday before my manager called my dad up and said ''Could Connor go in goal for our tournament,'' because our goalkeeper dislocated his thumb and could not play,it was too risky. My dad replied ''Sure he can but he has never been in goal before''That was when my nerves shivered.

But back to Saturday. My best mate from footie was Max and he put confidence in me.''Common Con how bad can it be just try your hardest and do not give up and who cares if you let a few goals you can't help it.''

''Thanks Max.'' I sternly said back to him and he knew I now had confidence in me. Suddenly out of the distance our manager for the day,Andy, shouted ''Common Bodmin I want to come back with a trophy!''

When we got there only 4 teams turned up including us and our B-team and they announced we were to play our B-team first. We won 3-1 with Harry, Ebony and Max scoring and Zoe-Lee,my good friend from school heading in from close range and I could not do anything to save it.

Next was St Tudy (where we are playing) and also my good mate, Damian Tull, who was striker for their team. We had a good game but not our best only winning 1-0 but our manager expecting more goals from us. But I was happy having keeping a clean sheet. Then our final team, Probus, the ones we dreaded,were playing against us. We knew we were going against them at one time but not so late. They were winning 2-0 at half time because I made 2 mistakes but our manager said to us ''I'd rather lose now and win in the final''
In the second half they were 3-0 up but with 5 minutes to go we had no chance and then Cory had a long shoot and was deflected into the net. Then Harry scored a Nice lace shoot from the wing and hit to posts and in. With two minutes to go Max smashed one in from close range and the come back was on and suddenly in the dying seconds we had a free-kick from the edge of the box.

I ran up to the half way line so if balls came back I could have a shoot but there was no need, Harry curled it in to the top corner. We went wild we had a big pile up in front of our supporters we could not believe it and as they took centre the final whistle blew.

We were buzzing in the final.We had Probus again,we had belief we could win and at half time we were winning 2-0 and in the final 3 minutes I made a save I would never forget: save in the top corner and it never went out (nice one Connor) and all I could hear is my dad saying ''Don't let team mates down now after a brill tournament'' and then they scored in the finale minute and all I did was scream at the referee "blow the whistle please" and.......... he did we won. We lifted the cup and I will never forget,the moment lifted the cup,my cup,the cup witch I will treasure forever.

Connor MS
Age 10
Class 6KR
*********************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi connor!!!!!!!! that was great!! i cant believe that you won and your team got to hold the cup final!!!!!!!great story!!
georgia
***********************************

Hi Connor this is Brandon speaking now, your story was brill!!!
I hope you write a historic football series see you at school for the rest of my school life (unless you move)

Brandon
***********************************
georgia and brandon. :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks guys