Updates.....

**************************************************
IN PREPARATION FOR KERNOW INK PLEASE NOW USE THIS NEW EMAIL: kernowink@googlemail.com
**************************************************


Tuesday 25 November 2008

"Titanic" by Brandon H, Age 10, Class 6KR

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Titanic

Boarding the “unsinkable”

I gave the man my boarding pass and he let me aboard, on my way to my cabin on the Titanic I saw several people; sophisticated ladies in posh whalebone corsets and gowns, with small men carrying their luggage, men in tatty clothes carrying cigar boxes and books, stick-thin men with long, plum-colored tail-coats.
I was on my own, feeling like I stood out because of my independence.
Up on the rear deck I leaned over the rail and waved to mum and dad.
I was one small girl from little Southampton sailing to big New York.

“Iceberg, dead ahead!”

I was relaxing in a recliner when I heard; women and men dropped their brandy and screamed, a man in the bird’s nest which was suspended on a pole, shouted; “iceberg, dead ahead!”
I dropped my book and made for a lifeboat, as everyone else clambered in I noticed that they were all women and children.
I saw some men rushing for the lifeboats, the men guarding them said; “Women and children only, sir, sorry ‘bout that, best wait for the minute!”
I stood there, a tremble with fright as one of the funnels snapped off of the Titanic.
The Titanic lifted upwards with the bow pointing to the heavens, people held onto the railings, their sweaty palms slipping as others fell into the icy, perilous waters below.

The Carpathia

A ship much like the Titanic drew along side our lifeboat and we clambered up the ropes which were threw down to us.
The ship was called the “Carpathia”, a ship that just happened to be passing by our tragic incident.
We were given a cup of rosehip tea each and wrapped in tartan blankets.

“America!”

A boy came over to me, he was holding a mug of rosehip tea and wrapped in a tartan blanket, like me.
“Hello,” he stammered timidly. “I-I’m Chip, who are you?”
“I’m Elizabeth, sit down.”
But Chip didn’t sit down, all he did was point straight ahead and said; “what’s that?”
“More like where! It’s… is it? Yes! It is! America!”

New life, new parents

When we were off of the ship, Chip and I were to follow a man in a golden-laced, glacier blue tailcoat, an enormous top hat and giant, yellow bow-tie.
He led us into what looked like a very posh school, turns out that it was an orphanage.
I wasn’t an orphan, Chip was though, but mother and father had sent me here because they were short on rent for all three of us.
Chip and I shared a small room in the orphanage, until the day miraculously arrived.
“Here’s your new parents, children, come on, pip, pip, Scotland yard!”
We drove with our fosterers in a horse and carriage, which was being pulled by a beautiful horse with flanks of golden-sienna.
“What will our new names be?” I asked our fosterers, curiously.
“Would you like to keep your name?” said the woman, smiling down at me.
“I would, but what about Chip?”
“Chip, what’s your surname, dear?”
“I don’t know, missus,” Chip replied.
“Then I shall call you Chip Stanton, would you like that?”
“Yes, missus, very much, missus.”
“Oh and what was your name, my dear?” she asked me.
“Elizabeth Crawford.” I said.
“Then from now on, our estate shall be the Stanton and Crawford estate”.
This is my new life and new parents, whom I shall live with for the rest of my life.


By Brandon H
Age 10
Class 6KR

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poignant and powerful, excellent writing Brandon. Well done
Michelle

Anonymous said...

that was, what i think, the best peice of writing ever done by u.

well done ???????

Anonymous said...

welldone brandon i think thats really good and coooooooooooooool as well as wicked man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from Brooke Fanson

Anonymous said...

well done brandon i think thats a really good peice of writing and its really cooooooooooooooooool as well as wicked man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

great story
from bo

Anonymous said...

Katina- please could you edit the word 'stern' to 'funnel' please.
Thank you,
Brandon.

BODMIN BOOKWORM said...

'Sterns' has now been replaced with 'funnels'.
Hope this is what you meant.
Thanks
Katina

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Katina.