Updates.....

**************************************************
IN PREPARATION FOR KERNOW INK PLEASE NOW USE THIS NEW EMAIL: kernowink@googlemail.com
**************************************************


Thursday 20 November 2008

"Speak Out" by Brandon H, Age 10, Class 6KR

History is full of stories of brave people standing against racism and bullying. Brandon has written a fictional personal history of the character "Mohammed Bombali" :

Speak Out

I should begin this story at the beginning, because it is the best place to start.
My name is Mohammed Bombali, people laugh at me because of my skin colour and the "funny turban" on my head.
They are very racist to me and are very blasphemous about Allah.
All I live for is racist comments and blasphemes; "Nice hat, black boy!" and "The yak was Sikh, it worships Allah!"
One day in class (6KR), I jumped up from my table and kicked my chair out of my way.
"I must speak out!" I cried, people at the back sniggered. "I am very proud of my turban and of my religion, I care to be mocked about your blasphemous comments and racism! It ends now!"
I felt exhilarated, empowered, I had spoken out, never would I be bullied again.
Ever.

By Brandon H
Age 10
Class 6KR
Also: You can also read Brandon's excellent "Ancient Chronicles" (Below)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! that was very empowering and made me want to find out more about mohammad. Can you write a sequal

georgia

Anonymous said...

No Georgia that was just a message to muslims and sikhs so it is not a story.
see you today cos i'm writing your sequal questions answer here (Katina this is not classed as a comment because i'm the author)
I'm writing this on monday so your answer will be on the web at late tomorrow-ish.
see you at school for the rest of my school month, Brandon

Anonymous said...

well, ok then. but can you send in a king authers disarsters story, pez. coz u is very funny. pez

georgia

Anonymous said...

i'm going to print that of and give it to my friends in manchester and believe it or not some of my best mates in manchester are muslims.they are extremly nice people so don't take them for granted.they always treat you like family so if you ever meet a muslim treat them like family!!

Anonymous said...

thanks connor and if they think the story is racist please tell them that I didn't mean to make it sound like that and if I could change it then I would have one.

P. S. You have my permission to print it off.

P. P. S. I have met a muslim before at a wedding he's really quiet but you can tell that he's really nice!